Friday, October 28, 2011

e-Miles now a partner of United MileagePlus and Continental OnePass

I just got an email today from MileagePlus Partners. It offers me to sign up with e-miles, a survey website that rewards airline miles, and receive 200 miles as sign-up bonus.

For me, 200 miles is nothing. But if you have a MileagePlus account with some residue miles and you have not been flying for awhile. I recommend you respond to this offer. Getting 200 miles will extend the expiration date for your mileage balance. And, if you don't find answering a few survey a week annoying or time-consuming, it's one way to accrue frequent flyer miles without flying.

From my personal experience with such website as e-miles, E-rewards, Mypoints, Bing Rewards and so forth, I think it's better to have them than have not. Especially when you find yourself not traveling as much as before and have tons of miles in different accounts going to expire.

I found survey questions from e-miles generally easy and quick. I didn't spend a lot of time at all.

I signed up with e-miles with Delta SkyMiles as transfer partner in early 2010. I have only managed to get 1,000 miles out of it but since I don't fly Delta, it's a way to keep my account active. Though the miles won't expire anymore, I am not sure if they will close my account if it remains inactive for too long.

I will sign up with e-miles again this time with both my MileagePlus and OnePass accounts to maximize the miles I can get before OnePass termintes in 2012.

I have E-rewards and redeemed twice since I joined in April 2011. I got 1,000 Continental OnePass miles. I hope I can get 500 more by the end of the OnePass program. E-rewards is also very easy to use but the survey tend to be tedious.

I have MyPoints account but I haven't redeemed anything yet. The offer I want to get is 5,000 United MileagePlus miles but it takes 10,100 points. The good news is that points do expire so I can let them keep growing in a long time, but it's a big spammer and takes a lot of time.

Bing Rewards comes with Microsoft's search engine, Bing. It's very easy to use. So I recommend signing up with it and earn some gift cards from time to time.

Last but not least, if you don't want to have too many emails from these websites in your inbox, I recommend you use an email account for these things and check it only when you want to take those surveys. Another way to avoid a cluttered inbox is to set up filters.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More